NPBiS - Nebraska Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
Welcome to the Nebraska Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support website!
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBiS) is an evidence-based, data-informed process that works to increase student achievement, school attendance, and school success while decreasing challenging student behaviors. By using a systemic approach incorporating all students, staff, parents, and settings, PBiS (PBiS) can create safer and more effective schools. Best of all, PBiS is proven to work.
Programs across the country and in Nebraska have met with resounding success, proving that the PBiS approach to behavior and learning is general enough to assist all students, but focused enough to provide students at risk the individualized help they need to be successful.
- Benefits all students, and is not limited to any particular group
- Is based on effective behavioral practices, instructional design, and strategies
- Approaches behavior in a proactive way by teaching appropriate behaviors
- Fosters positive adult-to-student relationships
- Supports the local school continuous improvement process
- Is focused on improving academic achievement through creating safe, disciplined environments